Evening bags
Contact us




Wedding Supplies


Home Page
Wedding Craft ideas
Sugar-coated almonds
Miniature paper flowers
Silk rose petals
Invitation seals
Peel-off stickers
Date reminder magnets
Gold/silver charms
Love Heart charms
Bonboniere kits
Hair combs/parts
Favour boxes
Organza bags
Wine glass rings
Hair combs/parts
Alphabet beads
Table Scatters
Current Special
Order by product code
Contact us
see your order so far

Engraved seals
Engraved seals


boxes for bomboniere
Bomboniere boxes

Articles, Tips & Hints for Your Wedding


Getting Married in Australia- legal stuff

If you decide to marry somewhere other than the Registry you are required to give a marriage celebrant at least one month and one days notice (and not more than 18 calendar month's notice) of an intended date of marriage.

Civil and religious marriage celebrants are listed on the Attorney General's Commonwealth website. Here you can search for both ministers of religion, and civil celebrants, who are authorised to perform Marriages.

Once you choose a marriage celebrant, they will ask you to complete a Notice of Intended Marriage form which they will provide to you. Alternatively, you can download the form from the Attorney General's site.

Marriageable Age
As from 1 August 1991, the marriageable age is 18 years. If a person, not yet 18, wishes to marry prior to his or her 18th birthday, only a court empowered to give a 'Section 12' order can give authority for this marriage to be solemnised.

A Notice of Intended Marriage may be lodged prior to the 18th birthday, as long as the marriage occurs after the birthday

Evidence of Age
Both the bride and groom are required to provide the marriage celebrant with evidence of their age with a Birth Certificate. If born in Australia, a full Australian Birth Certificate must be provided. If born overseas, a foreign birth certificate or a valid overseas passport will be accepted. If these are in another language, they must be officially translated into English.

If you are unable to provide these documents, you should see your marriage celebrant for further details.

Previous Marriages
If either party has been previously married, you must provide the marriage celebrant with evidence of the termination in the form of a Certificate of Decree Absolute (if divorced) or a full Death Certificate (if widowed). Certificates in a foreign language must be translated into English by an authorised interpreter/translator service.
Photocopies are not accepted.

Registering a Marriage
Under the Births, Death and Marriages Registration Act 1995 (s.33), all lawful marriages that occurred in New South Wales must be registered in this state. This means that the Registry must record the full details of all marriages performed in accordance with the Commonwealth Marriage Act 1961.

After your ceremony has taken place, your civil or religious marriage celebrant will forward the marriage paperwork to the Registry to register your marriage.
Your marriage will be registered within 10 days of the Registry receiving the completed paperwork.

Once the marriage is registered, the Registry is then able to produce your Standard and Commemorative Marriage Certificates.

The above information was copied from the website below on the 15 Sept 2006 please visit the website for the lastest information. Article Source: Dept of Births Deaths & Marriages

[Sugar-coated almonds] [miniature paper flowers] [silk rose petals] [invitations] [gold/silver charms] [crystals] [bonboniere kits] [evening bags] [organza bags] [Wedding Beauty Tips] [Wedding Timeline checklist] [Contact us] [More Hints & Tips]